Wednesday, January 5, 2011

FEATURED SELLER: Joanna's Photography - Asia Kapica


Meet Asia - the owner of Joanna's Photography

Tell us bit about yourself 


Questions like this always make me think: Where do I start?
Maybe with the fact, that it has been several years now since I have discovered how exciting photography can be. All the knowledge I have now, I acquired thanks to my self motivation and the fact, that shooting can be so extremely relaxing to me! Aside from photography as activity I love learning about new technologies and equipment being used in photographic industry as well as mobile solutions and social media.
Currently I live in Malbork- a city in Northern Poland famous of its Gothic castle. And since I love old cities so much - soon I will be moving to Kraków- southern old city with more historical sites than “just” the castle.



Apart from creating, what do you do?

Currently I am in between jobs and moves, so I only do some freelance translating. Until very recently aside from shooting for my own portfolio I was working in photo center, photographing for art magazines and doing some side graphic design work. I guess it is really hard for me to escape that industry, isn't it?!
Aside from photography I like to read good biographical or fiction books and from time to time knit a pair of socks or a sweater.



 Describe your creative process.


Most of my photographs were taken in more of accidental conditions. Most nature shots I've  taken happened because I was in right place at correct moment. And I am really fond of this unplanned process, gives me a lot of space for surprises and makes it more interesting...
There were only a few times I set up my nature shots. Great example for that would be the Imaginary Florals series

After photographs are taken the next step is to create back up. If I shoot an event or a portrait session I usually make back up to portable hard drive right after the shoot and than back it up again to my main storage once I get home. I use Lightroom to help me catalog all my photographs as well as edit them. So next step is editing. Sometimes I have to take some time and few approaches to get certain batch processed and get exactly what I am looking for. It is a way of getting better perspective and find the perfect processing. After processing is done edited images are saved with changes embedded and in format, that will preserve their quality. After that comes printing.


Advice to artists on Etsy.


It is hard to give advice, that works for everyone. I think not giving up, staying honest to what you do and just working on discovering new ways to improve products and their exhibition is the way to help with popularity of product and sales.



 What inspires you?


Everything that surrounds me: landscapes, people, gestures, shapes, colors even sounds...

Your favorite seller on Etsy

This is probably the hardest question! i cannot choose just one seller, so click here for the list for my favorite shops


If you would like to find out more about Asia and her art check out her blog, and follow her on twitter and facebook

7 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Last Month popular posts