Thursday, December 16, 2010

CRAFTING SPACE - Gosia Meyer

Today we're visiting a very talented jewellery maker, Gosia Meyer, who runs shop simply called Gosia on ETSY. To find out more about Gosia and her work, visit her website or find her on Facebook.

PolETSY: What kinds of crafts do you do?
Gosia: I do handmade jewellery.

Where do you craft?
I work from home; I have my own little office-room with a great desk built by my husband. 
 
 
What in your craft space (if anything) inspires you?
Everything around me is an inspiration; nature, fabrics, shapes of objects surrounding me.

What kind of materials, tools you use most often? How do you store them?
I use sterling silver, 14k gold filled; chain and wire. For making jewellery I use different kinds of pliers, torch, hammer and other jewellery making tools. I just keep them on my work desk. 
 
 
How do you organize your workspace?
I do have my work room and work desk so this is a perfect working space for me. I don't need to share a kitchen table :)

Do you have any organization tip/tool/tricks that can help others improve their workspace?
When I first started making jewellery I had a large tray with all my tools so I could easily move it from place to place. I also had a big container with all my metals and beads, stones. This way I could work in the kitchen or in the living room whenever I wanted.

What is your one favourite thing in your craft room?
It is definitely my large desk.  
 
  
If you could change one thing in your craft room what would it be?
I would make my office bigger so I can store all my shipping supplies - mailing envelopes, shipping boxes, gift boxes etc, they just don't fit in my office right now.
 
Thank you for having us, Gosia ! And for all of you out there there's a selection of Gosia's jewellery, available in her ETSY store.
 

7 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Last Month popular posts